The Thought Processes of a Not Actually Quite Published Yet Novelist.
1) Decide to act on (multiple) feedbacks and try and write something a little more commercially acceptable.
2) Think. Think like my life depended on it.
3) Play Skyrim.
4) Have idea. Pronounce idea stupid.
5) Play Batman Arkham City.
6) Return to idea. It is still stupid, possibly also unsellable.
7) Go back to what you were working on before. Find yourself unable to think about anything but stupid idea.
8) Ask wife about it. Get 'a look'.
9) Try and play Skyrim again, head full of stupid idea.
10) Start to write stupid idea. Shake head.